Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lucy & Yoda!


Lucy is really growing up fast & I wish she'd stay little! She is talking more and Lee says it's like having "Yoda" from Star Wars in our house saying, "Help you, I will." That's how Lucy says everything. She puts herself at the end of every sentence. So, here are some of her common phrases:


"Mommy, juicy more Me."



"Daddy!! Daddy!! Poo Poo Me. Yucky, Me."



"Bye-Bye, Me." (when she wants to go somewhere.)



"Oozs, Oozs Me." (when she wants her shoes on.)



"Uppy, Uppy Me. (When she wants to be held.)



"More, please Me."


We're really enjoying this time with our kids. The kids and I walked around our neighborhood this morning to check out some garage sales and I had a mom say to me, "My husband and I see your family walking around town and I just have to say what an inspiration you are." Wow! That made my day!! When's the last time you told me I was an inspiration to you, Michaela?? (ha-ha!!)



Well, at the next house Alex wanted a toy McDonald's semi-truck, but it was a collectors thing and the lady was firm at $5, so I wasn't buying it for that. Alex got that "Hogan" look on his face and I knew what was next! He starts screaming and pounding his foot in the lady's garage and I'm hoping the lady who thinks I'm inspirational can not hear this tantrum a few houses down!!



I followed Super Nanny's advice by grabbing him on the upper arm REAL tight (ok I don't think she allows this, but something like that..) and marching back to the house for some "in your room alone reading time." Like I said, we are really enjoying this time with our kids!!



Love,

Elizabeth

"I don't believe in arranged marriages. I think you should give your kids at least three options!"
---Stubenville grad (gotta love that school!)

No comments: