Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dumped by my Dentist

We really enjoyed having the Strang family visit us last week. We did a lot of driving and sightseeing around Virginia. The kids had a lot of fun together-even though Justin couldn't believe how small my house is! After that comment I made Justin sleep in the closet, but he had to clear out all the toys first. But it was a great week together and we are getting excited to fly to Michigan soon and head out to the farm with the Strangs in a few weeks.

While the Strangs were here last week I was supposed to have a regular dentist appointment on Tuesday. Well I tried canceling my appt the prior Friday but the office was closed. So forgot to call on Monday, so I called first thing Tuesday morning to cancel. Apparently the receptionist was not pleased and said "canceling appointments past 24 hours requires you to pay us $50". Are you kidding me $50, I've never heard of such a thing. Good thing Elizabeth was in the van at the time telling me to tell the receptionist that I was going to turn them in to the Better Business Bureau and call my lawyer. The receptionist said "good I hope you do because I can provide forms you signed verifying you understand our rule". Well she failed to mention I had also signed 10 other forms the day I became a new patient and I am not one to read everything I sign-who does anyways? So a little more bickering between us pursues and she tells me her office manager will be calling me. Great, but I will not be paying you $50 I said as I hung up. Well apparently Lee had this same thing happen to him and Lee also refused to pay the dentist. Well that dentist must have been bored drilling teeth or wanted to show Lee you don't disrespect dentists b/c he went after Lee. Got the collection agency after him and upped the amount to $100. Lee gave in and paid-wimp. Scared of a little bad credit or something. Well I was not going to pay this tooth driller $50 for nothing. So I spoke with the manager and was sweet as can be to her and explained the situation. She said Dr. Martin was not going to charge me $50 but I could still expect in the mail my signature on a form that states their 24 hour policy. Fine send it my way. Well today I get a letter from the doc stating he was not going to charge my account $50, but I need to find a new dentist who has more flexible hours than he does. He actually photocopied the dentist yellow pages and sent them to me! Talk about service!

Many of you may remember I am married to a dentist and wonder what his opinion was of this situation. Or you may have already guessed what his opinion was. His exact words "Well Michaela you were in the wrong. I wouldn't want you as one of my patients." Great maybe this means I don't have to go to anymore dentist appointments. Never did like going to the dentist anyways.

No comments: