Monday, May 5, 2008

Baseball


OK so everyone knows that Lee & I are not sports fan, but we agreed to let the kids be in sports if they have an interest. Justin loves baseball and even though his friends decided they wanted to be on a swim team, he said right away.."I do not want to do swimming...I want to play baseball." So, he's on the Team! He really loves it and is very serious on the field.


So, this past Saturday was opening day in Milan and was team picture day. (fyi--Lee had been the one to take Justin to all his practices this month and get all the relevant info about the team.) We show up at the field for the photo and the coach says to Lee.."Why is Justin wearing 'black' baseball pants and not white? Our team is suppose to be wearing white!" Lee says, "Oh, sorry....I didn't get that memo!" So, you'll see from the photo that Justin stands out (front-right) because Lee didn't get the memo! Justin could care less, he just wants to play ball. I'm annoyed and want to say..who cares? They are SEVEN years old! So, another mom says she can bring us an extra pair of white pants before the afternoon game. Fine.


So, later in the afternoon, we get to the game and go sit on some bleachers. A dad walks by and says to Lee..."Oh, our team is suppose to sit at those bleacher over there. Just in case you didn't get that memo!" The dad chuckled and Lee said, "Great, thanks..we didn't know there was a certain place we were suppose to sit!"


The game was suppose to start at 3:30pm. But, we get there and the other team was just finishing up......so......30 minutes later our game finally starts. So, of course, I'm complaining about the other team running so long over and Lee tells me if I'm going to keep complaining I can go to the van! Fine. So, the game finally gets going and Justin is having fun..but it just kept going and going...... Finally around 5:30pm I asked a bit loudly.."Does anyone know how long these games are suppose to last?" A dad looks at me and says, "They play 6 innings." I say, "Oh, what are we on?" He says, "Top of the 4th" I say, "Oh, geez!" Lee gives me a rude look! So, long story short...it ended at 6:30 PM!!! That seems a bit long to me for 7-year old boys, or is it just me?


Anyway, Justin gets done and says how much fun it was and if we saw him hit the ball and run home? So, I'm slowly beginning to get the hang of watching sports and seeing how much Justin enjoys it will make me appreciate it more!!

No comments: