Monday, September 8, 2008

Sarah Palin


I had to write a quick blurb about how excited Elizabeth and I are about McCain's VP choice. The Friday of her announcement I was working out at the gym and watching Fox news when the anchor said there was talk about Gov. Palin being named the VP. I was excited, but didn't want to get my hopes up knowing McCain's reputation. I knew about Gov. Palin through listening to talk radio, specifically Glenn Beck who has had her on his show on several occasions. I also remember getting an email from the Catholic New Service back in May after she gave birth to Trig about how extraordinary this Governor is.

Therefore, I was very excited to hear she was a possibility. When it was confirmed Elizabeth called and said she could cry she was so happy. I was nervous for her speech after the media assault on her. The pressure on this woman to perform succesfully was enormous. But she came out punching and with a smile. She was wonderful and such an inspiration! I felt proud to be a wife, mother, and woman while listening to this American woman speak. Her speech was brillant and I have a feeling will be remembered for a long time. She is definately a formidable candidate and I am very excited to watch her debate Joe Biden.

We will now be sporting a McCain/Palin bumper sticker and yard sign proudly!!! One of many good articles about Gov. Palin http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MTExYmYyYmQwMjFhNzU1YTE1MmQ3N2E1MmQ1OTI2OTI=

1 comment:

The Novotny News said...

I am so glad I found your blog! It's great to know you are doing well. I am missing you:) Talk soon...love you~Molly